One of the reasons for tracking all of this is so that I can know what this project really costs. I intend to keep a running total of expenditures here.
- Used RV6 Kit, including Empenage, Wing, and Fuselage subkits. – $6000.
- Trip to go and get kit. Includes fuel, motel, and supplies to load kit on trailer. $353.78.
- #40 drill bits for 1/4-20 angle drill. qty 3. $5.25.
- 6 Rattle cans of Zinc Chromate Priner. PilotsHQ.com. $50.61 including shipping. Ordered 1/30/2018.
- Inboard and Outboard Aileron Nose Ribs. $29.51 for the pair with shipping.
- 1/2 inch galvanized pipe 48 inch long. (Aileron balance weight.) $9.87.
- Tube of Silicone Caulk – $2.18.
- Quart Kit of Wing Tank Sealant from Vans – $57.95
- 2 new fuel tank cap o-rings – $6
- Sold MAC servo to offset expenses- $-125 net
Running Total – $6380.15.
Free Stuff (Bought in a lot, and sold enough to cover)
- Bought used tools – $550 with shipping. Not included in the total, because I sold the ones I didn’t need for the same amount. WIN!
- Hope to put other stuff in this category soon.
Near Future expenses.
- Qty 3 linear servos.
Big Future Expenses
- Finishing kit – About 8K. Hope to find cheaper.
- Lycoming O-320 – Hope to get a mid-time one for around 7K
- Prop – hope to get a controllable pitch one, but I have to find it cheap.
- Other Avionics. Lots of options. I hope to build a lot of these on my own. One of the big reasons for this project is that I hope to experiment with making my own glass cockpit stuff. I have spent the last few years teaching aviation digital electronics, so this isn’t as far out as it sounds – but it is still pretty far out.